Giovanna Declich, sociologist, trainer and expert in evaluation, has carried out studies and research (in Europe, Africa, and Latin America) on gender differences in economic decisions, politics and scientific research, assessment of quality in public services, especially health services, evaluation of development projects, migration phenomena, and the dynamics of social exclusion and poverty.
She participated in the activities of the Istituto di Studi Avanzati di Rocca di Papa and the School of Sociology and Human Sciences, specializing in epistemological research and general sociological theory, focusing on the dynamics of social change and the emergence of female subjectivity.
For over twenty years she has been involved in the planning and promotion of scientific research activities and sociological and interdisciplinary training. She has worked with United Nations agencies (World Bank, UNDP), the European Union, Italian government bodies (the Department for Equal Opportunities, Presidency of the Council of Ministers, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Lazio Regional Government, Puglia Regional Government, the Province of Rome) and several institutions such as Lethbridge University (Canada), Syracuse University (USA), University of Rome Tre, University of Rome “La Sapienza”, ENEA.
Concerning gender and science, since 2008 she has been participating as leader or team member in several H2020 and FP7 projects.
Her publications over the last 10 years include:
• Bleijenbergh, I., Cacace, M., Falcinelli, D., del Giorgio, E., Declich, G. (2020). How Dutch and Italian women’s networks mobilize affect to foster transformative change towards gender equality, July 2020 European Journal of Women s Studies 28(1):135050682094113 DOI: 10.1177/1350506820941136
• Declich, G. (2019) Europa 2020 e oltre: la sfida della ricerca sensibile al genere, in: Avveduto, S. (a cura di). (2019). Ricerca: femminile, plurale Roma: CNR Edizioni. DOI: 10.14600/97888880803690
• Cacace, M., d’Andrea, L. and Declich, G. (2018). Accompanying research on implementation dynamics; final report of the STAGES (Structural Change to Achieve Gender Equality in Science) project, DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.31512.49920 Final_research_report
• Declich, G. with d’Andrea, L. and the TRIGGER project partners (2017). Triggering Institutional Change Towards Gender Equality in Science, Final Guidelines of the TRIGGER Project (with L. d’Andrea and the TRIGGER project partners) TRIGGERING-PAGG-SINGOLE.pdf
• Declich, G., WHIST project (2011), Guidelines on gender diversity in S&T organisations, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
Guidelines on gender diversity in ST organisations