Federico Marta has taken part in the training activities promoted by the Istituto di Studi Avanzati di Rocca di Papa and the School of Sociology and Human Sciences since 1988. In recent years, he has contributed to an introductory course on interdisciplinary relations between sociology and neuroscience.
As a social researcher, he has carried out research and provided technical assistance (in Europe and in several African countries) in areas such as immigration and the dynamics of migrants returning to their country of origin; governance, social capital and the contribution of civil society to urban development processes, the dynamics of social exclusion and poverty; gender equality; energy transition; and science-society relationships. Since the 1990s, he has been responsible for methodological aspects and carried out extensive field research in Italy and abroad.
These activities were carried out under projects funded by the World Bank, European Union (European Development Fund, European Social Fund, VI and VII Framework programmes, Horizon 2020), UN agencies (DESA, IOM, IFAD, WMO, UNV), as well as Italian government bodies (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Lazio Regional Government, Puglia Regional government), and private institutions and associations (ANISAP, Bayer, ESCMID, STESAM Higher Education Institute, Pfizer).
For Knowledge and Innovation he is in charge of the management, supervision and coordination of all research activities and the implementation of some projects.
His extra-professional interests include: mountain, skiing and classical music (having a collection of over 5,000 CDs and vinyl records). He has been a “Friend of UNICEF” since 2013.
His publications include:
• d’Andrea, L., Marta, F.L., (2019), Guidelines on governance settings for RRI.
• Colonnello, C., Marta, F.L., (2014), Map of the present and incipient social dangers related to the development and spreading of surveillance socio-technical systems.
• Marta, F.L., Quinti, G.M., Taurelli, S.A. (2010), Etude diagnostique sur la gouvernance en Côte d’Ivoire.
• Marta, F.L. (2009), Migration et retour, ressources pour le développement: Lignes directrices, “Note sur le phénomène des transferts économiques”.
• Quaranta, G., Quinti, G., Cacace, M., Marta, F.L. (2005), Esclusione sociale e povertà. Contributo per la conoscenza e la misurazione dei rischi sociali e ambientali nel contesto internazionale.