Maria Teresa (Maresa for short) Berliri – sociologist – has taken part in numerous courses and seminars on basic research at the Istituto di Studi Avanti di Rocca di Papa and the School of Sociology and Human Sciences, where, over the years, she has also held managerial and organizational positions.
In her professional capacity, she has focused on two main areas of activity. First, she has carried out research, capacity and institutional building activities and knowledge management (especially in Europe and West and Central Africa) on: innovation and relations between science, society (with particular to responsible research and innovation in research performing organisations, in enterprises and in territorial dynamics; ethics in not medical research, etc.); social subjectivity on the web and privacy protection; Internet governance and digital transition; active citizenship and relations between states and citizens; women in decision making in political, scientific and entrepreneurial organizations; the promotion of policies for the eradication of poverty and social exclusion, especially in rural areas.
Secondly, for over 20 years, she worked in scientific communication, including: the technical and operational organization of several scientific and cultural events (international conferences, seminars, etc.), mostly related to the implementation of European and international projects in both Italy and abroad; the management of Internet sites; technical-scientific secretariat of networks of researchers.
To carry out these activities, she has collaborated with various private research institutes in the framework of projects financed by entities such as: European Commission (FP6, FP7, Horizon 2020), WHO, IFAD, UN-Habitat, IOM and several Italian public administrations (such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labor and Social Policies, Lazio Regional Government, Puglia Regional Government, Invalsi) and other public and private bodies, national and international.
She is engaged in various voluntary activities, particularly in the social, education and health spheres, with the Susan G. Komen Italy, with “Volontariamente”, with “Genitori si diventa” and “Genitoriche”.
Her publications include:
• Colonnello, C., Berliri, M., (2021), “RRI and Experiment Toolbox. Toward Responsible Healthcare Ecosystems”. H2020 CHERRIES project, D3.1:
• d’Andrea, L., Berliri, M., Marta, F.L. (2020), “WP5 Summary Report”. H2020 FIT4RRI project, D5.2:
• Declich, A., Berliri, M. (2020), “ResBios Project: Collection of GA Detailed Plans”, H2020 RESBIOS project D2.1.
• Mezzana, D., Caiati, G., Berliri, M. (2019), “Working paper on Territorial RRI”, H2020 TeRRItoria project D4.1.: http://territoriaproject.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/TeRRItoria_D4-1_Working_paper_on_territorial_RRI.pdf
• d’Andrea, L., Berliri, M., Marta, F.L. (2018), “Benchmarking Exercise”. H2020 FIT4RRI project, D1.2:
• d’Andrea, L., Berliri, M., Marta, F.L. (2018), “Summary Report”. H2020 FIT4RRI project, D1.3: