Gabriele Quinti has been teaching at the Istituto di Studi Avanzati di Rocca di Papa and the School of Sociology and Human Sciences since the beginning, specialising in epistemology and research methodology.
As a socio-economist and statistical methodologist, he has carried out numerous activities (especially in Europe, West and Central Africa, Central America and MERCOSUR), involving studies and research, institutional capacity-building and evaluation, on relations between state (in the broad sense) and society, the promotion of good governance and empowerment, energy transition, analysis and promotion of policies for the eradication of poverty and social exclusion, control of environmental risks, improving the quality of social services, urban development and migration dynamics.
He has been working for many years with the CERFE, Laboratory of Citizenship Sciences and ASDO and has collaborated on numerous occasions with different United Nations agencies (UNDP, WMO, WHO, UNOPS, FAO, IFAD, UN-Habitat, ILO, UNV, UN-DESA), international financial institutions (World Bank and IADB) and other international organizations (such as IOM), as well as with the European Union, Italian government bodies (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Interior) and government authorities of other countries (Ivory Coast Governance Secretariat, the High Commissioner for the Morocco Plan) and organizations such as the Italian Pensioners’ Union-CGIL, Bayer, Merck Sharp and Dohme, Cariplo Foundation, Ivory Coast Academy of Science and Culture.
He is a founding member of the Accademia di studi storici Aldo Moro.
He lectured for 5 years in “international cooperation” at the “Mediterranea” University of Reggio Calabria. He is a member of the Executive Council of the ADALC (Association des Anciens du Lycée Chateaubriand).
His main pubblications:
• Quinti G., Caiati G., d’Andrea L., (2019), “ Energy Transition, Anticipation and Change: A Study on the Anticipatory Experiences of the Low Carbon Society”, in Poli M., Valerio M., Anticipation, agency and complexity, Springer, Cham
• Quinti, G., Mezzana D. (2017), “Crisis mapping and crowdsourcing in flood management”, Integrated flood management tool series, tool n. 26. Associated Program on Flood Management. Available here
• Quinti, G., Rana R. (2017), “Community-based flood managemen”, Integrated flood management tool series, tool n. 4. Associated Program on Flood Management. Available here
• Quinti, G. (2016), “Public perception of flood risks and social impact assessment”,Integrated flood management tool series, tool n. 25. Associated Program on Flood Management. Available here
• Quinti G., Caiati G., Gruenig M., O’Donnel B., Amerighi O., Baldissara B. and Felici B., (2016), “European Distributed Renewable Energy Case Studies”, in Lombardi P., Gruning M., Low-carbon Energy Security from a European Perspective, Elsevier AP.
• d’Andrea, L., Quaranta, G., Quinti, G. (2005), Manuale sui processi di socializzazione della ricerca scientifica e tecnologica, Roma, CERFE;
• Quaranta, G., Quinti, G. (2005), Esclusione sociale e povertà, Roma, CERFE;
• Quinti, G. (2001), Qualità e politiche sanitarie, Roma, Officina Edizioni;
• D’Andrea, L., Quaranta, G., Quinti, G. (2000), Il ritorno della città-la base urbana della globalizazione, Roma, Officina Edizioni;
• Quinti, G.(1999), “Exclusión social: el debate teórico y los modelos de medición y evaluación”, en De igual a igual-el desafío del estado antes los nuevos problemas sociales , Buenos Aires
• Quinti, G. (1998), “Exclusion sociale et pauvreté: vers de nouveaux modèles de mesure et d’évaluation”, in Research Community for the Habitat Agenda-Linking research and policy for the sustainability of human settlements – Forum of researchers on human settlement, Geneva
• Feliciani, F., Quinti, G. (1995), Anàlisis de la exclusiòn social a nivel departamental–los casos de Costa Rica, El Salvador y Guatemala, FLACSO;
• Quinti, G. (1993), “Organization of participatory and holistic rural development – The Fouta Djallon experience in Guinea” FAO, Rome;
• d’Andrea, L., Quinti, G. (1987), Studenti o emigrati, Roma, Officina Edizioni;